||2003-03-06 12:54:59 EST
||DLXS Object Class Hierarchy
||$Revision: 1.8 $
DLXS Object Class Hierarchy
These are some of the main class hierarchies that play a large role in the running
of the DLXS Middleware. Note: "class" here is used in the sense of object oriented programming,
not in the sense of document classes.
- DLXSApp: this is the top-level object of the Application Class hierarchy,
of which TextApp, ImageApp, FindaidApp, BibApp, and PVApp are all
- DLXSClass: this is the top-level object of the Document Class hierarchy,
of which FullTextClass, BibClass are all subclasses. TextClass and FindaidClass
are subclasses of FullTextClass.
- PIFiller: this is the top-level object of the PIFiller Class hierarchy,
which is responsible for replacing Processing Instructions that have to do with application
level logic. PerlPIFiller and XsltPIFiller are subclasses of this top-level object.
There are further subclasses of these for each type of
- BookBagItem: this is the top-level object of the BookBagItem Class hierarchy. There
may be subclasses for each of the different "document" types, since each type has
different type of bibliographic data stored for its items.
Subclasses of DLXSApp
Here is an outline view of the subclasses of DLXSApp. For a graphical view, see
diagram of the Application Class hierarchy)
Subclasses of DLXSClass
Major subclasses of this represent different types of "document" classes, e.g., Text,
Findaid, Bib. Further subclases of this afford the overriding
certain data and behavior. For example, some collections
contain symbols needing filtering that most collections do not have or require
XPAT searches to be done to differing depths of encoded levels.
Here is an outline view of the subclasses of DLXSClass.
For a graphical view, see diagram
of the Document Class hierarchy)
- Note: Image Class does not use an object called ImageClass.
Subclasses of PIFiller
Here is an outline view of the subclasses of PIFiller. For a graphical view, see
diagram of the PIFiller class hierarchy)
- Not currently working; needs to be fleshed out: $DLXSROOT/cgi/t/text/TextAppXsltPIFiller.pm
Subclasses of BookBagItem
Here is an outline view of the subclasses of BookBagItem.
- Note: ImageClass uses a different mechanism for its version of Bookbag/Portfolio.