dbconv (DB Convert) utility
dbconv is a Perl script designed to merge the data in the pre-CDROM#8 groups and collection tab-delimited files into CSV tables described in the collmgr documentation section. These new tables are CSV tables that are then accessible by
and the middleware through the Perl DBI. The tables will reside in the directory $DLXSROOT/misc/db. All institutions that have been running DLXS and using colldb and the groups file will need to run dbconv to get their data from the colldb and groups files into the CSV tables that collmgr and the middleware will use. To run it, just enter dbconv from the command line in $DLXSROOT/bin/db.
- This program will only need to be run once, when moving to version 8 of DLXS. This program copies the collection metadata in colldb and groupdb into a MySQL CSV database.
- There are some checks that dbconv performs and that you should be aware of.
- If you have collid's, or groupid's that are the same across classes you will get an error and be asked to restart the dbconv script.
- In Text Class dd is a required field, and must start with "$DLXSROOT", or the script will terminate and ask you to restart.
- In Text Class objdir and wwdd are not required fields, but if they exist, they must start with "$DLXSROOT" or the script will terminate and ask you to restart.