||University Library Instructional Center, Room 4059 on the 4th floor of
Undergraduate Library, University of Michigan. See
more location information.
||August 1-5, 2005.
||Phil Farber, Alan
Pagliere, Chris Powell, John
Weise, with Kat
Hagedorn, and José Blanco, Digital
Library Production Service, University of Michigan
||John Weise, DLPS, University
The preliminary Course
Schedule & Outline (and this entire site) will
be expanded as the workshop preparation is finalized.
- Learn to install DLXS Text Class & Image Class middleware
- Learn about indexing and searching text data with the XPAT search engine
- Learn to encode and prepare data for use with DLXS middleware
- Learn to configure and deploy Text Class and Image Class collections
using DLXS middleware.
- Learn about using DLXS Middleware's User Interface model of XML, XSL, and
- Time permitting, discuss Bib Class and Broker, Finding Aids, DLPS's development
Be a member of DLXS
It helps if you are familiar with:
- UNIX shell commands
- vi or emacs
- XML, XSLT
And we will probably have brief encounters with, but no prior experience is
necessary in, the following:
- Programming in Perl or another programming language
- Familiarity with Object Oriented concepts like: class, subclass, inheritance,
- Experience programming CGI applications