DLXS Programmers & Technical Workshop
Location: Faculty Exploratory, second floor Hatcher Graduate Library,
University of Michigan
Dates: August 8-12, 2000
Instructors: Alan Pagliere and
Phil Farber, University of Michigan
Guests: Chris Powell, John
Weise and Matt Stoeffler, University
- Become familiar with the DLXS TextClass & ImageClass middleware
- some familiarity with SGML.
- familiarity with perl5.
- have seen the kinds of online collections DLPS makes available already (see
- have either the PAT50 package from OpenText or XPAT package from DLXS.
- Note: though attendees will likely have some SGML that they are interested
in making an online interface for, the TextClass system presumes, and therefore
this workshop presumes, that the text has been encoded in line with the concepts
presented in the DLXS
Public Service & Text Encoders Workshop.
Time permitting, classes other than Image Class and the new object-oriented
Text Class will be discussed.
Collections At Which To Look