||University Library Instructional Center, Room 4059 on the 4th floor of
Undergraduate Library, University of Michigan. See
more location information.
||August 2-6, 2004.
||Phil Farber, Alan
Pagliere, Chris Powell, John
Weise, with José Blanco,
Kat Hagedorn, Matt
Stoeffler, Digital Library Production Service, University of Michigan
||Robyn Cleveland, DLPS, University
The preliminary Course
Outline (and this entire site) will be expanded as the
workshop preparation is finalized.
- Learn to install DLXS Findaid Class & Image Class middleware
- Learn about indexing and searching text data with the XPAT search engine
- Learn to encode and prepare data for use with DLXS middleware
- Learn to configure and deploy Findaid Class and Image Class collections
using DLXS middleware.
- Learn about using DLXS Middleware's User Interface model of templates and
- Learn about Bib Class and Broker.
Be a member of DLXS
It helps if you are familiar with:
- UNIX shell commands
- vi or emacs
- SGML or XML
And we will probably have brief encounters with, but no prior experience is
necessary in, the following:
- Programming in Perl or another programming language
- Familiarity with Object Oriented concepts like: class, subclass, inheritance,
- Experience programming CGI applications