DLXS Database Tables
DLXS uses the MySQL database engine. The database used by the middleware is named "dlxs". Interaction between the database and the DLXS middleware is
handled through Perl DBI .
Collection and Group Tables
- The Collection and Group tables are used to store configuration information and are managed through a CGI program called the Collection
- Collection Tables
- Collection (Collection) tables to hold fields common to all collections
- Class tables (e.g. FindaidClass or ImageClass) to hold fields that are specific to each class
- Version table
- Groups Tables
- A group of collections (for collection coordinators to logically
group collections for searching)
Other information required by the middleware that is kept in the database:
Middleware use of databases
- Portfolios (BookBagDB table)
- sessions which holds search history, and other session state information needed during the running of the CGI program. In TextClass and FindaidClass, sessions also hold bookbag information.
In ImageClass, portfolios are held in a separate MySQL table.
See the DLXS
documentation for more information on the databases
- For example: CioFactory object compares requested collections and
groups, authorized collections (see AUTHZD_COLL) and groups to determine what the user is entitled to access.
- collmgr (Collection Manager)
- upgrade_XX scripts:
||Upgrade Releases: FROM => TO
||8 => 9
||9 => 10
||10 => 11[a]
||11[a] => 12[a,b]
||12[a,b] => 13
||13 => 14